Scratch Resistant Coating on both sides of the lens
- Consistent coating on both sides of the lens eliminates all risks of cracking.
- Consistent performance regardless of the design or material that TD2 protects.
- TD2 hard coat protects all Crizal lenses.
- The first layer, the adhesion booster, eliminates any microscopic imperfections on the lens surface and allows coating of all materials.
- The second layer, the hard coat varnish, contains glass like silicate particles in a plastic matrix providing the unique combination of hardness and flexibility.
- Although there is no such thing as scratch-proof lenses. (Even glass lenses can be scratched!) Scratches, while not likely to affect your lens performance, are an annoyance that can interfere with clear vision. That’s why you should always request scratch resistant lenses (treatment) for your eyeglass lenses.